• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong place, wrong guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladya04

What is the name of your state? south carolina
I am a concern parent for my 17 years old son. He was charge with manufacturing drugs and the intent to distribute crack/cocaine. My son has never been in trouble before or sold drugs. He had just gotten off from work and decided to pick up a friend before coming home(my daughter ex-boyfriend) who he thought was cool. the guy is 23 years old and according to my daughter has warrants. I found out that wasn't true at all. During the arrest and search of my car, my son was the only clean person in the car. There were 3 guys in all, his cousin, my son, and my daughter so-called ex-boyfriend. The cousin had pot on him and confessed to it, the other guy had 3 ten dollar crack/cocaine in his shoe. So, my son confessed that it was his and they charge both of them with the crime. It cause $50,000 to get my son out, which I think is kinda of steep and he is looking at 0-15 years in jail for something that wasn't is. I am really getting sick and think that this guy should confess. What are my son option if this guy don't admitt that this was his drugs. they even took my son first paycheck and first job to say that that was drug money.
please help!
ladya04

seniorjudge

ladya04 said:
I am a concern parent for my 17 years old son. He was charge with manufacturing drugs and the intent to distribute crack/cocaine. My son has never been in trouble before or sold drugs. He had just gotten off from work and decided to pick up a friend before coming home(my daughter ex-boyfriend) who he thought was cool. the guy is 23 years old and according to my daughter has warrants. I found out that wasn't true at all. During the arrest and search of my car, my son was the only clean person in the car. There were 3 guys in all, his cousin, my son, and my daughter so-called ex-boyfriend. The cousin had pot on him and confessed to it, the other guy had 3 ten dollar crack/cocaine in his shoe. So, my son confessed that it was his and they charge both of them with the crime. It cause $50,000 to get my son out, which I think is kinda of steep and he is looking at 0-15 years in jail for something that wasn't is. I am really getting sick and think that this guy should confess. What are my son option if this guy don't admitt that this was his drugs. they even took my son first paycheck and first job to say that that was drug money.
please help!
ladya04

Get a lawyer. The judge has heard that story before.

Standard answer

Here are some hints on appearing in court:

Dress professionally in clean clothes.

Do not wear message shirts.

Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat. (Smokers...pot or tobacco...literally stink. Remember that before you head for court.)

Bathe and wash your hair.

Do not bring small children or your friends.

Go to court beforehand some day before you actually have to go to watch how things go.

Speak politely and deferentially. If you argue or dispute something, do it professionally and without emotion.

Ask the court clerk who you talk to about a diversion (meaning you want to plead to a different, lesser charge), if applicable in your situation. Ask about traffic school and that the ticket not go on your record, if applicable. Ask also about getting a hardship driving permit, if applicable. Ask about drug court, if applicable.

From marbol:

“Judge...

You forgot the one thing that I've seen that seems to frizz up most judges these days:

If you have a cell phone, make DAMN SURE that it doesn't make ANY noise in the courtroom. This means when you are talking to the judge AND when you are simply sitting in the court room.

If you have a ‘vibrate’ position on your cell phone, MAKE sure the judge DOESN'T EVEN HEAR IT VIBRATE!

Turn it off or put it in silent mode where it flashes a LED if it rings. AND DON'T even DREAM about answering it if it rings.”

(Better yet, don’t carry your cell phone into the courtroom.)”

Here are six stories that criminal court judges hear the most (and I suggest you do not use them or variations of them):

1. I’ve been saved! (This is not religion specific; folks from all kinds of religious backgrounds use this one.)

2. My girlfriend/mother/sister/daughter/wife/ex-wife/niece/grandma/grand-daughter is pregnant/sick/dying/dead/crippled/crazy and needs my help.

3. I’ve got a job/military posting in [name a place five hundred miles away].

4. This is the first time I ever did this. (This conflicts with number 5 below, but that hasn’t stopped some defendants from using both.)

5. You’ve got the wrong guy. (A variation of this one is the phantom defendant story: “It wasn’t me driving, it was a hitchhiker I picked up. He wrecked the car, drug me behind the wheel then took off.” Or, another variation: “I was forced into it by a bad guy!”)

6. I was influenced by a bad crowd.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=854687#post854687

Public defender’s advice

http://newyork.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/70300494.html

Other people may give you other advice; stand by.

weenor

ladya04 said:
please help!
ladya04
The above bolded language is your problem. Maybe a good (and expensive) lawyer can get that suppressed, maybe not.

CdwJava

The company he is keeping tells a lot about what is going on. Most clean an innocent people don't drive around with a bunch of dopers in their cars! Your son HAD to have had SOME idea of what these guys were up to. And when he confessed to being part owner of the coke he pretty much slammed the door on himself.

He needs an attorney ASAP.

- Carl

2901bruce

ladya04 said:
please help!
ladya04
LadyA04. How do you know that your son has never "slang" drugs ?? He told you that he hasn't ?? Everyone has a reason to lie. Also, why did your son take the rap for his "buddy" ?? I think that your son knows something that you don't. Get the best lawyer that specializes in drug charges & cross your fingers. If the charge stick, "Crack Dealer" is going to be "stamped" on his employment application - from now on!

Last edited:

acmb05

ladya04 said:
please help!
ladya04
Do you have any idea how many times a day the courts hear this.

First off, Why did they stop your son in the first place?
Why did they search the car?
what did your son or someone in the car do to make the officers believe there was drugs in the car?

If his check was cashed and he had a wad on him of course they will say it is drug money since he admitted that the crack was his.

You don't really expect the other guy to confess do you? If it was not his then why say it was? Do you really believe that he did it to protect your daughters ex?

I love when peoples kids get in trouble and the first thing you hear out of thier mouth is "but he is a good kid and would never do this sort of thing". Well apparently he will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">