• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong place, wrong guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladya04

What is the name of your state? south carolina
I am a concern parent for my 17 years old son. He was charge with manufacturing drugs and the intent to distribute crack/cocaine. My son has never been in trouble before or sold drugs. He had just gotten off from work and decided to pick up a friend before coming home(my daughter ex-boyfriend) who he thought was cool. the guy is 23 years old and according to my daughter has warrants. I found out that wasn't true at all. During the arrest and search of my car, my son was the only clean person in the car. There were 3 guys in all, his cousin, my son, and my daughter so-called ex-boyfriend. The cousin had pot on him and confessed to it, the other guy had 3 ten dollar crack/cocaine in his shoe. So, my son confessed that it was his and they charge both of them with the crime. It cause $50,000 to get my son out, which I think is kinda of steep and he is looking at 0-15 years in jail for something that wasn't is. I am really getting sick and think that this guy should confess. What are my son option if this guy don't admitt that this was his drugs. they even took my son first paycheck and first job to say that that was drug money.
please help!
ladya04

JETX

ladya04 said:
What are my son option if this guy don't admitt that this was his drugs.
What do you mean what are his 'options'?? He doesn't have any. The prosecutor will likely proceed with the charges. Your son will then either plead guilty and accept a plea bargain (if offered) or will take his chances with the court.
And the fact that your son CONFESSED "that it was his" doesn't help his case... or support your claim that he "has never been in trouble before or sold drugs."

ladya04

Jetx,
I just want to thank you for answering my question. I figure it will be like that. What children don't understand these days. They watch too much crime tv and think that it isn't reality.
ladya04

And parents turn a blind eye to the obviously criminal behavior of their children.

Do you not find it the least bit suspicious that your son was in a vehicle with 3 people who were all carrying drugs?

Let me tell you something... I smoked marijuana from the time I was 14 years old. The only time I ever was arrested for it I was 23 years old.

Just because you never suspected him and he was never caught before doesn't mean he hasn't been involved in this type of situation for god-knows-how-long.

Why would he confess if the drugs weren't his?

spiritfild

I am very surprised at the rude responses I always read on this page. This page is for help.... kids might think they're doing something good by keeping their friends out of trouble - confessing to things they didn't do, claiming responsibility. They might not realize the trouble they'll get into themselves by doing that.
And just because everyone else in the car was doing drugs does NOT mean he was. I've been in several situations like that myself, without ever touching any drugs - where the other passengers had things on them. And I know others who have been in that situation.
Innocent until proven guilty, parents, OK?

JETX

spiritfild said:
I am very surprised at the rude responses I always read on this page.
Who cares??
At the time of this post, you have all of SEVEN posts.

Simple solution... if you don't like the nature of the posts on this forum, go somewhere else.
Wow!! That sure was easy to figure out, huh???

This page is for help.... kids might think they're doing something good by keeping their friends out of trouble - confessing to things they didn't do, claiming responsibility.[/qutoe]
See you can't even get that right. First, this is not a 'page'.... this is a forum.
Second, it is not for 'help'.. it is so that posters can get (hopefully) legally accurate advice to their situations.

And just because everyone else in the car was doing drugs does NOT mean he was.
Have you been asleep for the past week or so??? You can't even get the ISSUES right. The OP's son was DRIVING the vehicle when it was stopped with druggies in the car. He doesn't have to be DOING DRUGS... but he CONFESSED to doing them!!!

Get a brain and learn to READ and understand typed words.

2901bruce

JETX said:
Who cares??
At the time of this post, you have all of SEVEN posts.

Simple solution... if you don't like the nature of the posts on this forum, go somewhere else.
Wow!! That sure was easy to figure out, huh???

This page is for help.... kids might think they're doing something good by keeping their friends out of trouble - confessing to things they didn't do, claiming responsibility.[/qutoe]
See you can't even get that right. First, this is not a 'page'.... this is a forum.
Second, it is not for 'help'.. it is so that posters can get (hopefully) legally accurate advice to their situations.

Have you been asleep for the past week or so??? You can't even get the ISSUES right. The OP's son was DRIVING the vehicle when it was stopped with druggies in the car. He doesn't have to be DOING DRUGS... but he CONFESSED to doing them!!!

Get a brain and learn to READ and understand typed words.

Let's not sugar coat this serious matter! The guy is a CRACK DEALER & LOSER!

SPR

I just find it hard to believe that he didn't know the company he was with. All the people he was hanging out with had drugs on them.

I have been reading alot lately about teens admitting to things "they didn't do". Not to mention, it's even worse when it's blamed on Tv. Well, you control what you tell your child and what they watch, therefore you are responsible, not Tv.

Not sure why you even asked what his options are. Tell the truth, but after admitting the drugs were his, it looks like a lie saying later they weren't his.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">