• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my attorney was disbarred, can i sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisa317

What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My attorney was disbarred in this state June 16th, 2006. Another client of his took the steps after finding out that he was giving her false information about her pending case, saying thing were done this way or that, when nothing had been done at all. He did not file the first set of papers "right" on my behalf, and because of this I ended up in trouble (my license was suspended, for child support arrears, he of course told me he had it all straightened out, then I had a visit from the local police....) The papers only were dealing with child support, i am in no legal trouble, our kids are split between us and i pay support, and get nothing for the child I have even though my ex makes about 5x the amount i make. My ex and I had agreed to just call the support a "wash" because he knew he was looking at paying a pretty penny for my oldest, whom he had adopted. Anyway, this all started 3 years ago that I went to this lawyer to start this process. He was paid for the first "round." All but 75.00 was paid for the 2nd time around, but he never finished anything. The last time he called me was October, 2004 telling me it was just going to be a couple days and it would all be over. I tried to contact him, sent letters, nothing. Now he's disbarred. I'm wondering if I would have the right to take him to small claims court and recoup my money since i was basically screwed and he obviously practicing fraudulently? There have been so many things I have been told by him, that were false its just too long of a list to list. thanx for your help! lisa

You Are Guilty

lisa317 said:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska
My attorney was disbarred in this state June 16th, 2006. Another client of his took the steps after finding out that he was giving her false information about her pending case, saying thing were done this way or that, when nothing had been done at all. He did not file the first set of papers "right" on my behalf, and because of this I ended up in trouble (my license was suspended, for child support arrears, he of course told me he had it all straightened out, then I had a visit from the local police....) The papers only were dealing with child support, i am in no legal trouble, our kids are split between us and i pay support, and get nothing for the child I have even though my ex makes about 5x the amount i make. My ex and I had agreed to just call the support a "wash" because he knew he was looking at paying a pretty penny for my oldest, whom he had adopted. Anyway, this all started 3 years ago that I went to this lawyer to start this process. He was paid for the first "round." All but 75.00 was paid for the 2nd time around, but he never finished anything. The last time he called me was October, 2004 telling me it was just going to be a couple days and it would all be over. I tried to contact him, sent letters, nothing. Now he's disbarred. I'm wondering if I would have the right to take him to small claims court and recoup my money since i was basically screwed and he obviously practicing fraudulently? There have been so many things I have been told by him, that were false its just too long of a list to list. thanx for your help! lisa
You need to contact these folks immediately, if not sooner, and file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">