• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nc Pfj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meredithandskip

NC PFJ-"speed not prudent for conditions"

What is the name of your state? NC
I received a ticket for "speed not prudent for conditions". Roads were wet, we came upon a poorly drained section of highway and hydroplaned off the road and rolled over. No insurance claims pending. Is this an infraction or misdemeanor? Does it carry points if convicted? I have a clean driving record and want to know if I need a lawyer to plea 'prayer for judgement'?

Last edited:

cepe10

Even in NC there are highway drainage standards and the 2-yr event gutter spread should never be in the travelway...

So it sounds like the roadway was designed improperly to the design standards.

Also, the LEO was not a witness to the event or the charges he has presented...

In MD and WV courts I have attended when such cases were brought up the judged dismissed as soon as the LEO said he was not present and there were no other parties involved...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">