• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CD Copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Layman

My friend and I hold an exclusive licence to the copyright in musical and literary works, and copyright in sound recordings. Recently my friend has discovered that pirate CDs with copies of our works are on the market. It seems that a manufacturer in an European country is making copies of the CDs. The manufacturer is passing the CDs to a distributor who is passing them to a local wholesaler, who in turn passes them on to local retailers for sale to the public.

Please let me know what statutory provisions may be relevant to any court action. Please also let me know what difficulties arise in determining when copies are issued to the public.

Thanks

Layman

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This all depends on how your cds are being distributed in Europe. Problem arises with jurisdictional issues. Your best course of action, contact the R.I.A.A. at 1800bad beat and ask for their piracy division.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">