• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband Threatening to take the kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gentle123

What is the name of your state? MA

Hi, I want to ask my husband for a divorce we have been married 4 years, we have 3 children aged 4 (twins) and 7. He has told me that if I try to leave him he will take the kids away from me. My husband works in a very high paid job, I am a stay at home Mommy. I am now afraid to leave him because he has all the money and could hire an expensive lawyer to take the kids from me. He has complete controll over everything, always had from the start of our marriage. Is there a way he can take the kids from me?

Thanks

BelizeBreeze

gentle123 said:

Hi, I want to ask my husband for a divorce we have been married 4 years, we have 3 children aged 4 (twins) and 7. He has told me that if I try to leave him he will take the kids away from me. My husband works in a very high paid job, I am a stay at home Mommy. I am now afraid to leave him because he has all the money and could hire an expensive lawyer to take the kids from me. He has complete controll over everything, always had from the start of our marriage. Is there a way he can take the kids from me?

Thanks
Of course there is. It's called custody. You have no more rights to the children than he does.

LdiJ

gentle123 said:

Thanks
You need to beg or borrow the money from family to get your own attorney. As you have been the primary caretaker for the children you should be able to get primary custody. However, if he can afford an attorney, and you cannot, that makes things more difficult for you. Find a way to get an attorney. You will be able to pay the money back from your marital property settlement.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
BelizeBreeze said:
Of course there is. It's called custody. You have no more rights to the children than he does.
Actually if the oldest is seven and they have only been married for four years, she may have more rights to the seven year old if paternity has not been adjudicated (paternity test, AOP, etcetera) and depending on whatever court orders came about from the seven year old because the eldest is NOT an issue of the marriage.

evcalyptos

gentle123 said:

Thanks
Your post history suggests that you are lying here or elsewhere.

Figure out your story first.

BelizeBreeze

Ohiogal said:
Actually if the oldest is seven and they have only been married for four years, she may have more rights to the seven year old if paternity has not been adjudicated (paternity test, AOP, etcetera) and depending on whatever court orders came about from the seven year old because the eldest is NOT an issue of the marriage.
check out her posting history dear.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
BelizeBreeze said:
check out her posting history dear.
YOu know it would be nice if I didn't have to read other posts to figure out THIS one. I was posting based on what THIS post said. Sorry. :mad: :( And apparently she was a nanny from Ireland wanting to hire a nanny from Ireland when she was divorce and now she is married and NONE of this makes sense.
Hey OP you have more right to these children based strictly on the fact that the only place they exist is in your mind though the psychiatrists might eventually take custody of them when they work with you and try to work through your delusions. If they are real children then you have big problems.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">