• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged rented Ferarri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjmunger

Nevada

July 3rd I rented a Ferrari spider 355 with a cracked right front bumper. It was clearly severally cracked when they gave it to be but since i had a photos of the damage and it was marked on the form they had I wasn't worried.

After going to the gas station because the gas tank didn't work properly i noticed it was starting to come apart. It was loose. I called and talked to the manager who informed it wasn't a big deal don’t worry about it. Since I didn't believe him i took the car back. Upon arriving i talked to 4 different employees including the manager who all told me not to worry about it’s, not a big deal. I asked for a new car was told no i asked that something be done to secure the piece. They said no. They seem completely careless what happened with the part. I quote "if that piece falls off just throw it in the back for when you bring the car back).

I have photos of the before and after.

The next day i went to the Wynn hotel for lunch. I valet parked the car. When they brought out the car it was missing the entire piece from the car. I filled out a claim form with the Wynn hotel and asked that they find the part. After checking with the DREAM CAR rental they said to just fill out a claim ticket it bring it in and they would do the rest.

When turning in the car they again said nothing to worry about i would not be called and they would follow up with Wynn completely.

About a month later i get a letter from the Wynn saying they won’t accept the claim because it was marked damaged on the valet ticket. I than got a call from dream car rental claim adjuster that I owed 8100 dollars. After contacting Dream car rental they aren't pursuing Wynn since they denied the claim. But not because they can’t but are afraid of affecting there standing with the Wynn hotel because of referred business.

. They said that if i don't pay they will make sure my license is revoked they refuse to accept any responsibility when they gave me a car with a chuck of the bumper 70-80 percent cracked. And I brought it back when it started to get worse and they declined to do anything about it.

Would my claim stand up in court? Am i liable here ? i would think its dream cars problem to work out with the wynn or eat it.

JETX

cjmunger said:
I have photos of the before and after.
And OF COURSE, you have a written statement, signed by the rental manager attesting to all you claim, right???

When turning in the car they again said nothing to worry about i would not be called and they would follow up with Wynn completely.
And OF COURSE, you also have THAT documented in writing and signed by the rental folks, right???

About a month later i get a letter from the Wynn saying they won’t accept the claim because it was marked damaged on the valet ticket.
The Wynn has NO liability for damage that existed PRIOR to their involvement.

I than got a call from dream car rental claim adjuster that I owed 8100 dollars. After contacting Dream car rental they aren't pursuing Wynn since they denied the claim. But not because they can’t but are afraid of affecting there standing with the Wynn hotel because of referred business.
That might be your BELIEF... or even their statement, but I bet their not pursuing The Wynn is that The Wynn.... has NO liability (see previous).

Would my claim stand up in court? Am i liable here ? i would think its dream cars problem to work out with the wynn or eat it.
Your DEFENSE against their claim has a pretty good chance when you present them with the before and after pictures, the rental agreement showing the pre-existing damage and especially those signed 'NO PROBLEM' letters where the manager releases you from liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">