• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I lost the info of the person who hit me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omgmel

I am in the state of California. I was hit last weekend and the lady gave me all her info. Somehow, I must've lost the sheet of paper because i was shook up from being hit. My friend took pictures of our cars, so I have her license plate number, but that's all.
Can I still get this taken care of without all her info, and how do I go about doing that?

seniorjudge

omgmel said:
I am in the state of California. I was hit last weekend and the lady gave me all her info. Somehow, I must've lost the sheet of paper because i was shook up from being hit. My friend took pictures of our cars, so I have her license plate number, but that's all.
Can I still get this taken care of without all her info, and how do I go about doing that?
All her info will be on the police report.

CdwJava

omgmel said:
For a small fee the DMV will provide the registered owner's name and address.

This is something you need to give to your insurance company ... you do have insurance, don't you?

- Carl

omgmel

CdwJava said:
For a small fee the DMV will provide the registered owner's name and address.

This is something you need to give to your insurance company ... you do have insurance, don't you?

- Carl

Yes I have insurance.
Sounds like I need to head over to the DMV. Thanks.

garrula lingua

I believe CA DMV stopped releasing that info unless it was to
1. an atty, who
2. stated that info was necessary for purposes of litigation, only.

If so, the insurance co would obtain it.

CdwJava

According to the DMV's website, they still provide that information. The from used to request the info can be found here:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inf/inf70.pdf

And a copy of the request document is sent to the registered owner.

Ah, for the good ol' days when people couldn't so easily find out stuff about you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">