• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged Signature and more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lizzard

My father had been married to my mother for many years when they decided to separate. He then forged her signature on divorce papers in order to be able to marry his girlfriend and obtain U.S. citizenship for her and her children. They then decided to use my younger brother's SSN to take out a loan and to be the primary owner of a house. My brother wasn't even of legal age at that point and he recently tried to open a cell phone account but he was denied because he had "bad credit." This was the final straw, what do you suggest? What can be done? Please help.

garrula lingua

Everything starts with a police report.

Forging someone's name is a felony (did I miss your state ?);
submitting forged/misrepresentations to a court is a felony, and
identity theft (his SON as victim) is a felony.

Go to your local police shop and make a full report; bring in all documents that support who you believe the perpetrator is (DAD); follow-up with the police to ensure that they
will do a complete investigation.

Does everyone involved agree that they will testify agin Dad, if required ?

LdiJ

I would recommend checking your own credit report as well....and if you have any other siblings they should do the same. Your mother also needs to check hers.

Your brother might be the legal owner of the house. He might be able to evict your father and sell it to get the mortgage off his record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">