• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T Top 10

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Confusion
The top 10 things you will NOT hear in answer to your post :
1. It is so easy to read your grammatically incorrect , mispelled , 2000 word post in capital letters , bold print and no punctuation . I can't wait to reply !
2. Don't bother to consult with an attorney , your case is a slam dunk !
3. You don't have to follow a court order if you have a REALLY good reason .
4. Yes , you as a step-parent , significant other , grand parent or family friend have the same legal rights to a child as a bio-parent . It is your business !
5. You don't have to support your child because your ex is only interested in the money and if you do , you are allowed to know exactly what the CS is used for .
6. Please , don't act like an adult and come to a mutually beneficial agreement , take every little dispute to court because we all know how fair Family Law is .
7. You deserve everything you ask for including CS , SS , sole custody , a TOP , supervised visitation , loss of parental rights , all the OP's income , possessions , self respect and if possible genitalia , because you are the better parent and your ex is the scum of the earth that you just coincidentily used to have sex with .
8. You are allowed to know exactly what the OP does with YOUR child when it's their parenting time , however , it's none of their business what you do on your time .
9. I , or anyone else , can tell you exactly what the judge in your case will do based on your one sided post described in #1 .
10. Please insult me because I took the time to answer your post and my opinion wasn't what you wanted to hear . Please tell everyone on the forum that I have a low IQ , poor self hygiene , no education , and that my parents weren't actually married when I was born .

LdiJ

ROTFLMAO! So incredibly true.;)

However...some top things from the other side of the coin....

Senior members forget that:

1) Most of the people asking questions don't know anything about family law. If they did, they wouldn't come here. Therefore, our goal should be to educate rather than humiliate.

2) The people asking questions have real fears and concerns, even if we don't appreciate that or agree with their concerns. Again, our goal should be to educate rather than humiliate.

3) Most of them already realize that they made stupid/bad decisions, they don't need us to remind them.

4) Most of them already realize that they made stupid/bad decisions in regards to who they chose to have children with, they don't need us to remind them.

5) The people who come here are often getting ignorant advice from elsewhere, and they need to understand that, but often won't if we simply drive them away...and we do that...FAR too often.

6) The people coming here love their kids (most of the time anyway..we have seen some exceptions)

7) Not every bizzaro case is "Kelly". There are actually bizzaro cases out there that are NOT Kelly.

9) We might actually convince people that they are either wrong or not acting in the best interests of their children if we are NICE to them, so that they actually STAY and pay attention.

10)...and the the clincher.....this board isn't here simply to provide our entertainment, its here for a commercial purpose. Right now very few newbies stay...and many of those that do, stay to harass the senior members. That isn't in the best interest of the owners of the website.

And...semi related...we have a responsibility to tell the truth...without "skewing" it based on our own personal viewpoints. Many of the things that we say "CANNOT HAPPEN"...can...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">