• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to settle without an attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vonn62russ

indiana

I was on my way to my birthday celebration when a car struck me out of the blue. Man admitted to me that he did not have brakes and was really sorry for me and my 16 year old. I was driving 01 lincoln navigator in perfect condition. He was driving a 94 taurus beat up with no brakes. I have $8200 in med bills which my ins is paying because i pay for that extra coverage. I am a part time student, work part time and have 3 kids very active in aau basketball, track and volleyball. I have been doing physical therapy because drs say my neck has frozen and my lower back has a bulging disk. I have over $1200 in out of pocket expenses not to mention my suv now has a car fax report and everything is not the same as before. car has been back 4 times for additional repair. can I also add diminished value to my claim? I missed our last family vacation before my oldest went off to college due to this. my husband bought new harley for us to ride, but cant do that because of back. Failed class because of time missed due to accident, had to use vacation time from work for phys therapy because part time do not have sick days.Have had pain and inconvenience for over 16 months. At fault ins has offered me $12,300 and the 8,200 has to be paid from this to my ins. This seems ridiculously low to me. I have never had an insurance claim before. How do I proceed.
Thank you for your time.

weenor

What you should realistically get depends quite frankly on the most recent jury verdicts in your area in cases involving the same liability, periord of treatment, wage loss and permanent impairment. You really should at lease consult with a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">