• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical insurance reimbursement after receipt of automobile insurance settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bernice8

CALIFORNIA
Am I required to reimburse my Medical insurance after receipt of automobile insurance settlement?

\My son was the driver in bad accident, his hospital bills for his own injury exceed the automobile policy limit of 10,000 medical. (there are 5 other people involved!!) I sent the hospital bills off to my insurance, and they have paid the maximum ($10,000) to me personally. My Auto agent says I may not have to pay back my Blue Cross medical company, as they have an obligation to pay for medical as I have a policy with them. PLEASE HELP, I need to spend this money but am afraid to!!What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

bernice8 said:
CALIFORNIA
Am I required to reimburse my Medical insurance after receipt of automobile insurance settlement?

\My son was the driver in bad accident, his hospital bills for his own injury exceed the automobile policy limit of 10,000 medical. (there are 5 other people involved!!) I sent the hospital bills off to my insurance, and they have paid the maximum ($10,000) to me personally. My Auto agent says I may not have to pay back my Blue Cross medical company, as they have an obligation to pay for medical as I have a policy with them. PLEASE HELP, I need to spend this money but am afraid to!!What is the name of your state?
Q: Am I required to reimburse my Medical insurance after receipt of automobile insurance settlement?

A: I certainly hope that you ask the medical insurance carrier before you spend that dough.

weenor

The standard Blue Cross policy has its subrogation rights (right to repayment) stated within the policy. Yea, pay them back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">