• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing the date on a perscription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lealea28

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Although I knew this was shady, I changed the date on my perscription because I lost my bottle that I had just gotten filled 14 days ago. As soon as I left the pharmacy, the Narcotics police stopped me. They went through my purse and found my other perscriptions that I had not filled. Called my doctor to verfiy the date, then ask me to follow them (in my car) to their office. So I cooperated and followed. They again asked me if I had seen any other doctors besides the 2 that I had told them about, and I said no which is true. They then kept my perscription that I had just filled and paid for and gave me my other perscriptions back. Then they said I could leave, and they were going to forward their findings to the DA. They said the DA may call me or they may not. They may put a warrent out for my arrest for tampering with a perscription or something like that or they may do nothing at all.:confused: They said they were going to get on a database to see all the perscriptions I have ever filled and the doctors. They also told me that everytime I have a perscription filled from now on the pharmacist will call my doctor to verify it. What should I do? I'm concerned that I will be at work one day and the cops just decide to come arrest me, and am I going to have problems filling a perscription from now on?

seniorjudge

lealea28 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
Although I knew this was shady, I changed the date on my perscription because I lost my bottle that I had just gotten filled 14 days ago. As soon as I left the pharmacy, the Narcotics police stopped me. They went through my purse and found my other perscriptions that I had not filled. Called my doctor to verfiy the date, then ask me to follow them (in my car) to their office. So I cooperated and followed. They again asked me if I had seen any other doctors besides the 2 that I had told them about, and I said no which is true. They then kept my perscription that I had just filled and paid for and gave me my other perscriptions back. Then they said I could leave, and they were going to forward their findings to the DA. They said the DA may call me or they may not. They may put a warrent out for my arrest for tampering with a perscription or something like that or they may do nothing at all.:confused: They said they were going to get on a database to see all the perscriptions I have ever filled and the doctors. They also told me that everytime I have a perscription filled from now on the pharmacist will call my doctor to verify it. What should I do? I'm concerned that I will be at work one day and the cops just decide to come arrest me, and am I going to have problems filling a perscription from now on?

Q: What should I do?

A: Pray.

Q: I'm concerned that I will be at work one day and the cops just decide to come arrest me, and am I going to have problems filling a perscription from now on?

A: It sounds to me like you already have problems filling presecriptions.

Standard answer

Here are some hints on appearing in court:

Dress professionally in clean clothes.

Do not wear message shirts.

Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat. (Smokers...pot or tobacco...literally stink. Remember that before you head for court.)

Bathe and wash your hair.

Do not bring small children or your friends.

Go to court beforehand some day before you actually have to go to watch how things go.

Speak politely and deferentially. If you argue or dispute something, do it professionally and without emotion.

Ask the court clerk who you talk to about a diversion (meaning you want to plead to a different, lesser charge), if applicable in your situation. Ask about traffic school and that the ticket not go on your record, if applicable. Ask also about getting a hardship driving permit, if applicable. Ask about drug court, if applicable.

From marbol:

“Judge...

You forgot the one thing that I've seen that seems to frizz up most judges these days:

If you have a cell phone, make DAMN SURE that it doesn't make ANY noise in the courtroom. This means when you are talking to the judge AND when you are simply sitting in the court room.

If you have a ‘vibrate’ position on your cell phone, MAKE sure the judge DOESN'T EVEN HEAR IT VIBRATE!

Turn it off or put it in silent mode where it flashes a LED if it rings. AND DON'T even DREAM about answering it if it rings.”

(Better yet, don’t carry your cell phone into the courtroom.)”

Here are six stories that criminal court judges hear the most (and I suggest you do not use them or variations of them):

1. I’ve been saved! (This is not religion specific; folks from all kinds of religious backgrounds use this one.)

2. My girlfriend/mother/sister/daughter/wife/ex-wife/niece/grandma/grand-daughter is pregnant/sick/dying/dead/crippled/crazy and needs my help.

3. I’ve got a job/military posting in [name a place five hundred miles away].

4. This is the first time I ever did this. (This conflicts with number 5 below, but that hasn’t stopped some defendants from using both.)

5. You’ve got the wrong guy. (A variation of this one is the phantom defendant story: “It wasn’t me driving, it was a hitchhiker I picked up. He wrecked the car, drug me behind the wheel then took off.” Or, another variation: “I was forced into it by a bad guy!”)

6. I was influenced by a bad crowd.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=854687#post854687

Public defender’s advice

http://newyork.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/70300494.html

Other people may give you other advice; stand by.

Heather2

If you go to the same pharmacy you will always have problems filling your prescription. I was charged with prescription fraud and every time I go to the Walgreens I did it at the cops get called even if I have a real prescription. So I just changed to CVS pharmacy and I haven't had any problems.

Your story is a little confusing. On what did you change the date on? The actual bottle cuz that's usually a printed label and I thought pharmacies had in there records when the prescription was filled. And why didn't you drop off the prescriptions in your purse when you went to pick up this prescrition? Your story is a little shady.

rmet4nzkx

Heather2 said:
If you go to the same pharmacy you will always have problems filling your prescription. I was charged with prescription fraud and every time I go to the Walgreens I did it at the cops get called even if I have a real prescription. So I just changed to CVS pharmacy and I haven't had any problems.

Your story is a little confusing. On what did you change the date on? The actual bottle cuz that's usually a printed label and I thought pharmacies had in there records when the prescription was filled. And why didn't you drop off the prescriptions in your purse when you went to pick up this prescrition? Your story is a little shady.
You are correct, it doesn't add up does it?

Heather2

rmet4nzkx said:
You are correct, it doesn't add up does it?
Well after re-reading her story I assumed she changed the date on the actual written prescription so the pharmacy knew it was too soon to refill so they knew she changed it. OP must be addicted huh?

rmet4nzkx

Heather2 said:
Well after re-reading her story I assumed she changed the date on the actual written prescription so the pharmacy knew it was too soon to refill so they knew she changed it. OP must be addicted huh?
The are probably getting 1 script for each fill, not refills, thus all the scripts in her purse. If she lost the bottle the thing would be to either contact the doctor or the pharmacist. Probably isn't the first time this has happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">