• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Settlement Lawsuit Time frame

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haegrrl

What is the name of your state? Texas

I filed a lawsuit against an insurance company in May. 1 month later they asked for all the documentation supporting the accident and my medical bills. I sent in the information they requested over 60 days ago.

Isn't there a time limiit in which they need to comply? They had me send the documentation within 30 days and I did. But they don't seem to be returning the favor.
I do not have an attorney. I am doing this on my own.

Thank youWhat is the name of your state?

moburkes

haegrrl said:

I filed a lawsuit against an insurance company in May. 1 month later they asked for all the documentation supporting the accident and my medical bills. I sent in the information they requested over 60 days ago.

Isn't there a time limiit in which they need to comply? They had me send the documentation within 30 days and I did. But they don't seem to be returning the favor.

Why did you file a lawsuit against your insurance company? For how much? What was the situation? What are/were your coverages?

Not having an attorney is YOUR biggest problem. Who's gonna light the fire under the insurance company's butt for you?

MHH

haegrrl said:

I'm confused. Did you file a lawsuit against your insurance company or someone else's? It's my understanding you cannot sue your own insurance provider, because when you accept coverage from an insurance company, you are hiring them to represent you for any claims that may occur, whether they're in your favor or not. At least that's what my lawyer told me.

haegrrl

Texas

I was the passenger in a friend's vehicle when we were hit from behind. I filed a lawsuit against the driver who hit us from behind.

I've been doing such a great job on my own handling the demand letters and filing the suit. I just can't see paying an attorney 34% just to light a fire under the insurance's company's butt. All the attoryneys I have spoken with for advice want to handle the case from the beginning.

I just would like to know what direction I should head in.

Thank you

weenor

haegrrl said:
Texas

I was the passenger in a friend's vehicle when we were hit from behind. I filed a lawsuit against the driver who hit us from behind.

I've been doing such a great job on my own handling the demand letters and filing the suit.

Did the defendant and/or insurer ask for information at the same time the anwer was filed? Did you file discovery requests with the complaint? What admissible evidence do you have so far?

I just can't see paying an attorney 34% just to light a fire under the insurance's company's butt.

Settlement will depend on what the insurer feels a jury or judge would award you. Do you think you would get more with an attorney? I'll bet the insurer thinks so. btw- if your an attorney settles the case for 40-50% more than you would get on your own, then counsel has paid for itsself. The insurer will take into account that you do not have to give a portion of the settlement to a lawyer anyway.

All the attoryneys I have spoken with for advice want to handle the case from the beginning.

I just would like to know what direction I should head in.

Thank you
Please feel free to play Perry Mason, but it really doesn't look like you know what your doing.

Last edited:

haegrrl

Auto settlement time frame

Weenor, if you don't have any good advice don't say anything at all. Why would you respond with such a negative behaviour? I never understood people like you who just enjoy ****ting on other people.

Why is your heart and mind sour? I just don't get it.

moburkes

haegrrl said:
Weenor, if you don't have any good advice don't say anything at all. Why would you respond with such a negative behaviour? I never understood people like you who just enjoy ****ting on other people.

Why is your heart and mind sour? I just don't get it.
Weenor is giving you EXCELLENT advice! When you are represented by an attorney, your settlement will be HIGHER than when you are not. Therefore, the attorney isn't taking any of "YOUR" money.
Example.
$10,000 is what you are offered without an attorney.
$18,000 is what you are offered with an attorney. 33% of that is $5,940, leaving you with $12,060, which is MORE than you would have received on your own.

What is so wrong with that advice? Apparently, by your own admission, you haven't gotten anywhere without an attorney yet.

haegrrl

Auto Time Frame

Weenor's advice had no substance to it. Your did. Telling someone they don't know what they are doing without any explanation is rude. Your responsibilty as Senior members is to offer some advice. Not to be rude with no explanation.

Thank you for your explanation regarding an attorney.

moburkes

haegrrl said:
Weenor's advice had no substance to it. Your did. Telling someone they don't know what they are doing without any explanation is rude. Your responsibilty as Senior members is to offer some advice. Not to be rude with no explanation.

Did you read what was posted inside the quote? He typed in BOLD, HIGHLIGHTED words? Or did you only respond to what he typed afterwards?

weenor

haegrrl said:

Pointing out the obvious in most realms is not considered inherently rude. No one is going here is going to walk you step by step through the litigation process (and is a process) and I was merely providing examples of things you need know. Most people instead of getting offended, respond by telling me "thanks, I already knew that or I already did that". Your response convinces me even more that you should not act as your own counsel. Rest assured the insurance company will pay for a lawyer and you'll be out gunned.

haegrrl

Personal comments about what you think I know and what I don't are not neccessary.

I have already completed my petion and submitted it to the District Court and the defandant's insurance company's attorney along with responses to their request for Production and Interrogatories including all the evidence of medical reports, vehicle damage reports and ticket citation the other driver received. I just wanted to know if there was a docuemnt that is used for following up with the attorneys.

I've been a member of this site for a long time and Senior members use to just ask questions and give Free Adfvice. Outstanding advice. That's it. Just like the website states.

Thanks to you two I am done with this site. They are other sites out there now that just answer your question. I'm not looking for a step bt step process. In my orignal thread I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">