• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fender bender question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wartrace

Tennessee.

I bumped a car yesterday and caused some damage. It is a small dent and some paint transfer to the other car.
The other driver called the cops and an accident report was filled out. The cop said to turn a copy into our respective insurance companies.
Questions;
1) Will my insurance company handle the details even though the damage should be less than my deductible? I know I will pay out of pocket but will my company negotiate?
2) How do I know I will not be fixing ALL the dents and dings in the car? I hit the left rear quarterpanel. There is previous damage on the rear bumper and other areas of the car I hit.
Thanks!

racer72

1. Your deductible will not apply. The deductible is for the repairs to your vehicle, not damage you caused.

2. Make this known to your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">