• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 STUPID summonses in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

200kmax

What is the name of your state? NJ

Folks, Im gonna need help here. I was issued 3 summonses for something I truly believe was not a violation. For those of you that may know the Weehawken area, there was a major collision at the Lite Rail and a NJ Transit bus on this last friday. This was the area where I was issued my summonses.

Heres what happened. I was driving Lincoln tunnel bound on harbor blvd where there was some construction going on for possibly repairs to traffic lights, system???? etc...
Please note that Harbor blvd at this point is a 4 lane road, w/ 2 lanes each direction w/ no center divider.
An officer patrol car was parked perpindicular to the intersection blocking the 2 lanes to LT.
Riverbound traffic was limited to 1 lane with big orange cones on the other side. Being that there is still plenty room to pass over on the other side, without impeding oncoming traffic as 2 lanes on this road seems to appear operational, i approach the intersection w/ caution observing the officer in his patrol car. I stop for a second thinking whether the road is passible, waiting for a signal from the officer. No signal, so im thinking its safe to proceed. so when i do, construction crews at this point is guiding me to continue on the road. as i pass the intersection where this construction, the officer decides to come up and pull me over.

officer questioned me, as to why i proceeded through a blocked zone. w/o even giving an explanation, im asked for license, etc.... and the following 3 summonses were issued:

39.4.80: failure to follow officer directing traffic..... How could this be, if he was sitting in the vehicle NOT doing anything. and 1 lane was open.

39.4.81: failure to obseve signal: There was absolutely NO traffic light other than the 1st intersection, which i waited to turn green.

39.4.82.1: improper operation on divided roadway.. basically meaning driving on wrong side. however there were traffic cones dividing northbound, southbound...

what is the best strategy for this scenario..

also, being a NY driver, i know it will not affect the DMV points, but what about my ny insurance?

btw: im 29, male w/ clean record.

cepe10

It's certianly worth your time to go into court for this one.

If the LEO shows up - question him as to how he was "signaling" etc. Bring photos, diagrams etc. for your presentaion of the events.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">