• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expungement was offered if probation completed sucessfully...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abishop98

I live in New Jersey but I was convicted of a felony in Washington DC. I was 20 when it happened but one of the conditions given was that if I sucessfully completed my three years of probation with no further incidents (which I did), I could have this expunged from my record. I recently became unemployed due to my criminal history. I need this expunged in a timely manner and now I'm unemployed on top of it all. Can someone please give me some direction? Can I try legal aid in NJ or should it be in Washington? Regardless, I need some help with the procedure. Does anyone know someone that I could talk to about this?

Please help!

Heather2

The best thing to do would be to hire an attorney but since you have no job that complicates things ($$$). If you want to do it yourself go here: http://freeadvice.com/legalforms/index.php and type in expunge and the state the offense took place. It is my understanding that it takes a couple of months to complete though. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">