• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattyab49

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have been seperated from my husband now for 16 months. We have never gotten a legal seoeration. The only legal document we have is child support stating that the minor child lives with me and he does pay support. Before I moved out I signed the house over to him and he did refinance it. What I would like to know is if anything would happen to him, by law what am I responcible for?
Thank You PattyWhat is the name of your state?

LdiJ

pattyab49 said:
I have been seperated from my husband now for 16 months. We have never gotten a legal seoeration. The only legal document we have is child support stating that the minor child lives with me and he does pay support. Before I moved out I signed the house over to him and he did refinance it. What I would like to know is if anything would happen to him, by law what am I responcible for?
In terms of what? His bills? The house? You are not responsible for his debts unless your name is also on the account or loan. However, since you are not legally separated you are still his "next of kin".

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
pattyab49 said:
Was child support set by CSEA? If so then you don't even custody papers set up. The child lives with you and he must have agreed with that but no visitation schedule?
Is child support paid through CSEA? Or is this an agreement that the two of you signed regarding child support?
YOu are responsible for paying your debts. You are his next of kin and if he dies you would most probably be responsible for claiming the body and having him buried/cremated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">