• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unisured Motorist Insurance Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JBIS

I am in the Sate of Wisconsin. My sister in law was hit by an hit and run driver. She is meeting with the her insurance carrier about her claim. She has mutiple injuries which required many surgeries and many more more months of rehab. Her medical bills, rehab costs,loss wages, pain & suffering will be enormous.

What are the key points to make certain the claims adjuster realizes? How is the term "pain and suffering" and loss of consorsium quantified? What things are covered by UM coverage besides medical bills?

Thanks,

John

moburkes

As far as I know, its just medical. Her insurance company did not cause her pain and suffering, so she cannot go after them for that. She can only go after the at fault party for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">