• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EJS

What is the name of your state? NH

Interesting situation. I have a friend, JS (21), who was helping a family friend (17) learn how to drive. My friend borrowed her roommates car to do this. Someone else hit them while stopped on the street. The other driver's fault.

My friend unaware she needed to be 25 or older to teach an unlicensed driver has already been to court and is paying a fine for this. The insurance company of my friend's roommate, who has the car, is going after the 17 year old's parents for the cost of the coverage on the car because she was the underage driver and my friend has already gone to court about her legal issue.

Now to the question. The parent of the younger girl is suing my friend. I do not know what he is seeking for $ and on what grounds. Does he have any kind of case given that they were both doing something illegally. But the younger girl never got charged with anything. Does my friend have any recourse against the parents because they are still responsible for her since she is underage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because of the varying factors involved.

EJ

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">