• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raetalas

Florida

I was at fault in a case where my truck bumped another car from behind. The owner of the other got a damage quote for me. She also mentioned that she will need a rental car, as the replacement of the bumper will take 3 days. I was hoping to cover this without my insurance so my rates wouldn't go up. I was informed that her insurance might possibly cover part of the rental, and I would just have to pay the deductible (plus the damage to her bumper). This also would only take place if her rates wouldn't go up for this action.

Any help with this deal from someone who knows how insurance companies work?

Raetalas

I was wondering if insurance companies are likely to cover the rental with only a deductible to be payed, not a rate increase.

BelizeBreeze

Raetalas said:
I was wondering if insurance companies are likely to cover the rental with only a deductible to be payed, not a rate increase.
again, there is no way anyone can tell you what will or might happen. This is not an insurance company practice forum. Your question has nothing to do with the law.

If you want to know ask the insurance company.

moburkes

Her insurance company may pay for her rental, and she would be required to pay her deductible. However, you are mistaken in not reporting this to your carrier. First, it will be on your CLUE report, which means that your insurer will see the claim, and adjust your premium accordingly, even if they didn't pay a claim. Second, her insurance company will send you a bill for her rental. Since she was not at fault, her carrier is not just going to "eat" that money. They will want reimbursement from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">