• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doehnter

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I was in a car accident after having an insulin reaction caused by diabetes. Having double health care insurance I did not think there would be a problem with the hospital bills. The insurance companies say that because I was in a car without having insurance they are not obligated to pay the bills. Seems as a breach of contract to me. Do I have anything to gain at all or am I at a total loss for the medical bills?

JETX

doehnter said:
am I at a total loss for the medical bills?
How can you be 'at loss'?? You got the medical services... now just pay the bills. Pretty simple, huh??

moburkes

Car insurance pays medical bills when there is a car accident. If you read your health insurance policy, there is (more than likely) an exclusion where they do not offer coverage when there SHOULD BE other insurance to offer coverage. In your case, auto insurance should offer coverage for your situation.

That's why you should not drive without insurance, and why its important to stay on top of your health and meds when you have diabetes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">