• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeless and needing advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duplajp

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Hello all....I recently made the decision to leave corporate America and go full time into graduate school...upon moving to Auburn, I bought a Mobile home in a community filled with other graduate and proffessional students... While on vacation, I recieved a phone call that my home had been hit by a vehicle. A company painting truck has knocked my home back about 6 feet. The driver had left his two small children in the running vehicle while he went to retrieve something from his house. The children put the truck into gear and hit my home. No one was hurt. My mobile home (which I just finished remodeling) has significant damage. It flew off of it's blocks and is unstable to enter. I can see inside that my tv is broken, my aquarium has shattered leaving water all over the living room kitchen...also dishes are broken windows are broken...my plumbing and gas lines are severely damaged.

It's been a week and I still haven't heard from my adjustor..i have limited clothing, school supplies, toiletries etc..
What are my rights? Should I contact a lawyer?
I am out of a home right now and am frustrated with lack of contact from insurance..
What should I do?

HappyHusband

duplajp said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

Hello all....I recently made the decision to leave corporate America and go full time into graduate school...upon moving to Auburn, I bought a Mobile home in a community filled with other graduate and proffessional students... While on vacation, I recieved a phone call that my home had been hit by a vehicle. A company painting truck has knocked my home back about 6 feet. The driver had left his two small children in the running vehicle while he went to retrieve something from his house. The children put the truck into gear and hit my home. No one was hurt. My mobile home (which I just finished remodeling) has significant damage. It flew off of it's blocks and is unstable to enter. I can see inside that my tv is broken, my aquarium has shattered leaving water all over the living room kitchen...also dishes are broken windows are broken...my plumbing and gas lines are severely damaged.

It's been a week and I still haven't heard from my adjustor..i have limited clothing, school supplies, toiletries etc..
What are my rights? Should I contact a lawyer?
I am out of a home right now and am frustrated with lack of contact from insurance..
What should I do?
It's been a week and I still haven't heard from my adjustor...am frustrated with lack of contact from insurance...What should I do?

Take the initiative and call/contact/go by the office of...the insurance adjustor.

duplajp

have done that every day

I've tried that every day...I call and leave messages. Twice they've said they'd call back and I haven't heard a peep out of them.....i am not in driving distance of the agency....

duplajp

contacts

i've been trying to get in touch with the auto insurance...the police report says that the owner of the company (and the company truck that hit my house) stated that his insurance would take full responsibility of all of my damages, however I can't get anyone contacted.

My biggest issue is that I didn't pay a whole lot for the home. I am an experienced carpenter and remodeled it. If they do decide to total the home the appraisal is probably not enough for me to have another paid off home in the area.
Being on a student budget, not having a paid off home (which I had before some neglegent person left their kids unattended) is a big issue for me.

moburkes

Where is your mobile home insurance? Things happen that aren't always our fault. If you have insurance, it will help you.

duplajp

insurance

I actually don't have insurance...I have owned the home for about 3 1/2 weeks...I wanted to finish remoldeling to get a true appraisal then insure it. my remodel was about 5 or 6 man hours from being done, however the accident happened before I could insure the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">