• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cosigned for a car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

cosigned for car

I cosigned for my daughter so that she would be able to get a car. She hasn't paid the bill although she told me she would pay it. Now i'm being sued for her bill that she said she would pay. what should i do? Could i sue my daughter? We currently live in Illinois. I know where she works and she makes good money. she has the money to pay it. she just won't.

[Edited by ville on 12-29-2000 at 02:09 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

First lesson: Never, never, co-sign a loan for anyone, no matter how much they beg. Now, you're the one in hot soup and whose credit has turned into a toilet full of crap.

Second Lesson: Now that the damage is done, what do you hope to gain from suing your daughter ? You can do that, but if she doesn't have the money to make car payments, what do you think you can accomplish by suing her ?

So, sue her. At least you'll have a judgment paper to wallpaper your house with.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">