• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deciphering officer's shorthand on Virginia ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jordles

What is the name of your state? CT

I have done an exhaustive search here and elsewhere to try to find the answer to this question but have come up with nil, so I'm going ahead and posting it)

I received a summons for reckless driving in VA. In the "DESCRIBE CHARGE" field the office wrote:

S/R RD[encircled] 82/65[encircled]

Okay, I get that the "RD" is for reckless driving and the 82/65 is for 85 m.p.h in a 65 zone...

Does anyone know what the "S/R" stands for? Is there any significance that the other 2 items were circled?

When I spoke to the court clerk over the phone about the "S/R' he said "That's a shorthand note that the office wrote for himself" and would not/could not tell me what it meant. I'm aware that the police use shorthand to indicate to themselves or the court something about the case, so I'm anxious to determine if any of this means anything, like "don't give this person a break".

I was actually quite polite with the officer and tried to avoid blabbing too much so I'm hoping he didn't give me any extra "bad marks" via shorthand.

Any knowledge anyone may have about this would be very sincerely appreciated -- but pure conjecture that is NOT based on experience is just going to scare me more than I already am, so please only respond if you actually have a basis for it -- thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">