• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should i do about this lawyer????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cparham_naa

What is the name of your state? PA

my son was hit by a car in march of 2000, that threw him 30 feet. he had a broken arm and some memory problems and still has back problems til this day. the guy that hit him borrowed his friends car, his driver's lic. was suspended, he had drugs on him, and according to the lawyer, he was sentenced to 6 years for my son's case and the drug case. This guy is now out of jail. and i still have no clue what's going on with this case. i have been calling this lawyer for 6 years now. He has filed and we are in the time limitiation. But i don't hear anything from this lawyer, i only get a calander every year. I recenlty called him in May, to ask him what was going on. he said the owner of the car denied letting his friend the car, but the driver had the car all day, it happened around 4pm. and the insurer never reported it stolen. the lawyer said that we would be getting a court date in june. I called in july. Still no return phone call. What should i do?What is the name of your state?

I'm confused. If the guy was sentenced and ALREADY went to jail for the crime, then the "case" is closed. I don't understand what you want the attorney to do for you, or what you are expecting to go back to court for? Are you suing the perpetrator for monetary damages?

cparham_naa

Yes i am suing for monetary damages. sorry that wasnt obviously clear. I haven't even got one settlement offer, how much the case is worth...nothing...thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">