• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander at work ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAD1

What is the name of your state? CA

My manager has been talking to other employees telling them not to talk to me when they have free time and that I will get them into trouble, but not once has the manager spoken to me about a problem. I do my job and have heard not one complaint from a customer or any other employee. The manager also likes to try to act funny and put people down and say sexual gay jokes etc.... no one here is gay, but he thinks it's funny to say comments in that nature along w/ other comments......

What can I do , or should I say what should I do ?

Thanks !

BelizeBreeze

DAD1 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My manager has been talking to other employees telling them not to talk to me when they have free time and that I will get them into trouble, but not once has the manager spoken to me about a problem. I do my job and have heard not one complaint from a customer or any other employee. The manager also likes to try to act funny and put people down and say sexual gay jokes etc.... no one here is gay, but he thinks it's funny to say comments in that nature along w/ other comments......

What can I do , or should I say what should I do ?

Thanks !
If he doesn't want you or others to waste their time talking instead of working, that is his right. This is not an issue worth dealing with.

DAD1

BelizeBreeze said:
If he doesn't want you or others to waste their time talking instead of working, that is his right. This is not an issue worth dealing with.

the work gets done, there is no problem in that dept.

and yes, he has the right to tell people to work instead of talking, but has no right telling other employees that they can not talk to me and stay away from me because I will get them in trouble**************....what kind of trouble? I have never been written up nor spoken to about any such problems .

BelizeBreeze

DAD1 said:

and yes, he has the right to tell people to work instead of talking, but has no right telling other employees that they can not talk to me and stay away from me because I will get them in trouble**************....what kind of trouble? I have never been written up nor spoken to about any such problems .
He has EVERY RIGHT to do so.

fairisfair

DAD1 said:

sounds like you are about to be. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">