• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce case in India

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ervivek

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I am a permanent resident of India, and am working in US on H1B visa. I and my wife started living separately a few months before I filed a divorce suit against her at a court in India. Some days after that, my H1B visa was stamped, and I came to the US to work. She is still at India. After that, in another court in India, my wife filed a case for getting alimony and an absolutely false case in retaliation stating that I used to demand dowry (money & gifts) from her.
My questions are:
1. Can I get these cases (the one filed by me as well as those filed by her) transferred to a court in the United States?
2. The court in India requires me to be present for the two cases that she has filed. Will I need to go back to India to attend the cases, or is there a law which can force the Indian court to wait till my H1B expires?
3. Will my wife get any share in my income from my US employer?
4. Can I get divorce from her while I am staying in the US and she is there in India?What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

Indian law controls on all of your questions. We know nothing about the law in India here. Therefore we can't help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">