• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested & charged on informants lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeriberry1206

My boyfriend was visited by locale drug team last Feb. w/ a search warrant they had gotten on a "reliable informants" word. Now this "reliable informant" had recently been arrested for theft,forgery & breaking an entry. He/she did controlled buys for the cops, they even paid him. The only problem is is that he/she NEVER bought any drugs from my boyfriend. He/she came up with some wild lies to both the cops & my boyfriend, told my boyfriend he/she was down and out , needed to borrow $100.00, blah blah blah...so he gave him the $.When time came to pay-back he/she told the cops my boyfriend needed $100.00 to re-up so they gave him/her a marked $100.00 bill, which they later found. The weird thing is is that everytime he/she left the house he/she turned over drugs to them...now my boyfriend is no saint and has a past (we also live in a very small town where people DON'T forget anything)he is also dying of a terminal illness so if he even did drugs it would kill him.They took everything he had cars and $ lost his apt.they waited 45 days until they aresseted him, let him leave the state, and never had any stipulations on him when bailed out of jail. Whew!! Now the court date is coming up the informant wants to come clean and say he/she lied, the cops want to pay him/her to testify. NOW FOR MY QUESTION: Now if they subpoena him/her how many days before the trail does tis have to be done? What if he/she ignores it? Will my boyfriend get off?? (they did find drugs in the house but they belonged to someone else)How reliable is an informant?? PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME SOME KIND OF ANSWER!!If my boyfriend goes to prison he'll die.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">