• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klynn1235

What is the name of your state? TN
I am a nurse, and I work at a nursing home. My facility has been having some problems with one of nurses stealing medication. They gave the employee a drug screen, (3 seperate ones,) and she failed all. Was positive for THC and cocaine, which you can't have a prescription for. Well they feel sorry for her so they let it slide. A few days ago, I had a patient to decease, and I had went out for break. I gave my narc keys to the charge nurse cause you can't take them out of the building if you leave. When I got back and got them I noticed my drawer looked like it had been messed with. Then our DON and ADON came to count our carts, and all my narotics were there and the right number, but there were 2 packs gone, just totally gone. I didn't know where that were and I told them that I wasn't the only one that had the keys, and told them they could search me, my things and my vehicle plus give me a drug screen to prove that I didn't have them or wasn't taking the medication and they said they couldn't do that. So I think I was set up to take the pressure off the girl that failed her drug screen. Because all the other nurses thought she should be punished, but if they blamed me and fired me, she would be able to work. Now I need to know if I could have some kind of case against them. They are privately owned and I want to make them pay for what they have accused me of. Theres a lot more details in this and I know I was wronged. I was accused of something I did not do. I was terminated for this and I don't think that I should've been. My nursing license may be at stake.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: Now I need to know if I could have some kind of case against them.

A: Doesn't sound like it to me, but with the job market for nurses the way it is right now, I'd ditch that place and find a better job TODAY!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">