• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cultivating marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pennymuttmutt

What is the name of your state? IL

Last week, my kids' (ages 8 and 9) custodial father was arrested for cultivating marijuana, drug paraphenalia, and having a firearm and ammunition without a FOID card. I don't know the number of plants but they were planted in his back yard along a 60 yard fence, so I assume there were more than 5. Last Sept, my daughter then 8 took a small container of her Dad's marijuana to school. A police report was filed but they couldn't do anything at the time. Can I expect him to do jail time?

CdwJava

If he is an armed, pot smoking drug head, why is it that HE managed to get custody of the kids and not you? What is it that you have done?

If you are hoping this is your chance to get custody, you may be mistaken. You may find that the kids go into foster care for a very long time. It really depends on your situation and what court orders currently exist.

I also agree with SJ - if the guy is guilty, I hope he goes to jail for a long time.

- Carl

pennymuttmutt

They were removed from me by DCFS for disciplining my daughter inappropriately almost 6 years ago. I was to have them returned but since the father had filed for custody they stopped the reunification process. Since they stopped the Judge awarded him custody. I went back in last year and the Judge said he didn't see anything wrong with me having custody but he didn't see any reason why the father couldn't keep custody though he couldn't keep a job for more than a year if he had it that long and was on public aid and left deragatory messages on my answering machine and tried to get an order of protection based on false charges and tried changing their names both unsuccessfully. It was my daughter that told me about the marijuana plants and I'm the one who called it in and they investigated it. I can go in to court to try and gain custody again but my attorney says I have to prove how it directly effects the kids. He asked me to buy their school supplies and wanted me to take care of their registration fees as the check he wrote for that would bounce due to his legal fees. It would be nice just to have him hand them over or go to jail and not have to try to convince a Judge to change custody back to me since he's an habitual liar. In fact DCFS was just in his house investigating him for neglect last May. Apparantly they didn't notice the marijuana plants or smell it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">