• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce lawsuits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dutchess

What is the name of your state? California

My divorce will be final in about one month. My ex said that as soon as our divorce is final he will sue me to be reimbursed for cosmetic surgery I had done during the marriage. I had breast implants 11 years ago and I had my nose done about 3 years ago. He said I just used him during our marriage to pay for these things and now that I look good I want to divorce him. Is there any legal basis to this?

Bali Hai

Dutchess said:

My divorce will be final in about one month. My ex said that as soon as our divorce is final he will sue me to be reimbursed for cosmetic surgery I had done during the marriage. I had breast implants 11 years ago and I had my nose done about 3 years ago. He said I just used him during our marriage to pay for these things and now that I look good I want to divorce him. Is there any legal basis to this?
I really doubt that.

Just curious though, I picture you as a flat chested woman with a big honker and bird legs before you had your make-over. Am I right?

Are you now a top heavy woman with a crooked honker with the same bird legs?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dutchess said:

He can sue for whatever he wants -- doesn't mean he will win. I do not know of a legitimate legal basis that would apply to him being reimbursed for your breast implants and nose job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">