• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annulment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeLayton

What is the name of your state? indiana

i got married like 2 months ago i got married because she was cryign and crying for us to get married and i really didnt want to she promsied things would chang ect yelling cussing not wanting to do anything at all and all we do is fight im not inlove with her or even want to stay with her i just want to leave but i dont know if i can get an annulment or what can anyone help

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
MikeLayton said:
What is the name of your state? indiana

i got married like 2 months ago i got married because she was cryign and crying for us to get married and i really didnt want to she promsied things would chang ect yelling cussing not wanting to do anything at all and all we do is fight im not inlove with her or even want to stay with her i just want to leave but i dont know if i can get an annulment or what can anyone help
YOu can get a divorce. An annullment if possible is even more expensive and difficult to get. She didn't commit fraud or do anything is normally necessary for an annullment. So you believed her. You weren't forced to marry her. YOU CHOSE to marry her.

MikeLayton

i know i chose to get married and i really messed up i just need to know if i can get it annuled if they would let me or whats better that or a divorce...i wanted it annuled because i want it to be to where i was nvr married and it nvr existed a divorce says u were married i dont want even that.. how long does each take or whats the costs does anyone know

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You do not qualify for an annulment. You don't.
For an annulment,"In Indiana, a marriage can be annulled if a party to the marriage was incapable because of age or mental incompetence to enter into a contract of marriage. A marriage may also be annulled in the State of Indiana if the marriage was brought about through fraud on the part of one of the parties to the marriage. "

You don't have that. Your wishes that the marriage never happened are fine but you have to live with your mistakes. Hence you will be divorced. As for how long a divorce will take -- anywhere from a few months to a few years. Depends on whether she will contest it. Depends on what your grounds are.
Grounds for decree
31-15-2-3 Sec. 3. Dissolution of marriage shall be decreed upon a finding by a court of one (1) of the following grounds and no other ground:
(1) Irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.
(2) The conviction of either of the parties, subsequent to the marriage, of a felony.
(3) Impotence, existing at the time of the marriage.
(4) Incurable insanity of either party for a period of at least two (2) years.
As added by P.L.1-1997, SEC.7.

As to how much it costs -- if you file pro se that is the least expensive way for you but you may also want an attorney -- especially if she gets one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">