• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Sales "As is"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fox1013

What is the name of your state? New York State.

I was wondering if I sold a 1987 Honda Accord with over 130,000 miles that is on its last leg, and I sell it for $500 by the side of the road, can someone sue me if it dies after I sell it, or if God forbid, it cause an accident??

BL

Really ? Ya want the Law ? " AS-IS " means as is , unless you mis advertise it .

But ya know ? '87 for 500 be real .

And while the Law is the Law , you'd be a rip off .

fairisfair

Blonde Lebinese said:
Really ? Ya want the Law ? " AS-IS " means as is , unless you mis advertise it .

But ya know ? '87 for 500 be real .

And while the Law is the Law , you'd be a rip off .
actually, the blue book is over $1000, believe it or not. Even for the least expensive model. Course, who knows how bad this car is. I looked at the "fair" value, which is the lowest that is shown.

BL

fairisfair said:
actually, the blue book is over $1000, believe it or not. Even for the least expensive model. Course, who knows how bad this car is. I looked at the "fair" value, which is the lowest that is shown.
Comprehension of the OPs' writing suggest foul play :D But He/She could stick a for sale " as-is " , not say another word except you decide if you want it , and it will be Sold " as-is " , upon receipt of sale . Of course if it's junk , He can expect a lawsuit , but the buyer would have to be awfully convincing He/She was wronged . ;)

T

thepizzaguy

fox1013 said:
What is the name of your state? New York State.

I was wondering if I sold a 1987 Honda Accord with over 130,000 miles that is on its last leg, and I sell it for $500 by the side of the road, can someone sue me if it dies after I sell it, or if God forbid, it cause an accident??
Make sure the Bill of Sale reads "as is". No buyer in there right mind should expect anything else.:D

T

thepizzaguy

chitx2000 said:
Whether you're searching for a used car or researching financing options on a vehicle, our friendly, professional staff is ready to provide you with all the help you need. We offer specials and incentives just for online customers.

Just call or email us if you have any questions regarding a purchase or our site information. We're here to make your shopping experience pleasant and hassle-free.

Visit http://www.aviscarsales.com
SPAM oh no SPAM, call the PoPo call the spaminator, oh lourdy jeezus we got SPAM:D

chitx2000

Used Car Sales

Whether you're searching for a used car or researching financing options on a vehicle, our friendly, professional staff is ready to provide you with all the help you need. We offer specials and incentives just for online customers.

Just call or email us if you have any questions regarding a purchase or our site information. We're here to make your shopping experience pleasant and hassle-free.

T

thepizzaguy

chitx2000 said:

OMG I reported this IDIOT for spamming to Mary, but I am afraid if I report it again the post will just be put on my ignore list.

So somebody else do it:mad:

Happy Trails

Chitx2000, you are violating the Terms and Conditions of this site:

Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting.

CraigFL

The question is not if you can be sued but if they can win.... All auto sales like this should be AS-IS on your bill of sale. Now if you're really worried.... you can always sell it as "Parts".;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">