• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sataute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Santa Clause

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Would like an answer for both states, Maryland and Virginia

Can I sue a lawyer from Maryland in Virginia? I understand if he has enough minimum contacts Virginia can assert jurisdiction over him is this true? If so where can I file ? Does anything lengthen the time I have to file against him? When does the attorney stop representing you? What is the continuing representation doctrine and how can I apply it ?

If I have to file in Maryland, does anything lengthen the time I have to file against him from the strict 3 years. Can it be like 3 years from when he stopped representing me or when the district court dismissed my case, or when the appeals court dismissed my case. Instead of 3 years from the date he should have filed the case? When does the attorney stop representing you? What is the continuing representation doctrine and how can it toll my time, to maybe get a responce from this guy before I file?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">