• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Posession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlavec1

New York - OK, I'm in need of some of help. About a month ago I was caught with less than a gram of marijuana by police in a state park in upstate New York. The officer told me the charge is just a violation. Similar to any kind of a traffic violation and should only be about a $100 fine. My worry is about bringing a lawyer because I do not have one to bring because of how minor he said the charge was.

Should I be worried and have one? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

enchantingwoods

No need for a lawyer. The process is very streamlined, the judge will read out your charge, and he will say if you plead gilty or not. You plead guilty, and then you can pay the fine to the court clerk or whatever.

fairisfair

tlavec1 said:
New York - OK, I'm in need of some of help. About a month ago I was caught with less than a gram of marijuana by police in a state park in upstate New York. The officer told me the charge is just a violation. Similar to any kind of a traffic violation and should only be about a $100 fine. My worry is about bringing a lawyer because I do not have one to bring because of how minor he said the charge was.

Should I be worried and have one? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
what was the charge??

enchantingwoods

In NY possession of less than 25 grams for first 1st time is $100, 2nd $200(both equal to traffic citations) and 3rd time is a misdaemenor, you can pay fine and/or maximum of 15 days of jail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">