• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malicious Prosecution & Abuse of Purpose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

notluckyinlove

What can you all tell me regarding this and would it apply to my case (subtitled below I NEED SOME HELP GUYZ)I feel the charges brought before me were vendettas and malicious. I was also investigated from Child Protective Services from this woman and her false reports. She called Code enforcement on my cabin, the BLM on my wild mustang, anything to make me miserable. I want to fight back. I think this falls under the catagories described above along with harrasement and her STALKING ME!! They park outside my home and call code enforcement on my neighbors who are friends of mine. Im in Oregon, What can I do to stop this crazy woman? She;s obvioulsy jelous of me and wants me to be miserable........Any lawyers out there who can talk to me about this case?
Kathleen
[email protected]

JETX

You could probably find a local attorney willing to write 'her' a letter or maybe even get a restraining order, but do you really think that would stop her??

Personally, I think that you are fighting a losing battle. Unless 'she' violates a criminal law (trespassing, stalking, etc.) allowing you to let others (police, DA's, courts) fight the battle for you. Otherwise you will spend far more time, money and mental worry chasing this person... and that is exactly what she wants you to do!!!! You are letting her win by letting her get to you!!

One of the great things about this country is its freedom for all. However, this freedom applies to the stupid and the inane also. Those are the ones who complain and cry about every perceived injustice or wrong-doing, even when it is not true. They still have the right to complain... to a point. Regretfully, it sounds like your 'complainer' has not reached that point with the authorities.

Eventually, assuming that every investigation she files is false and after the investigation has run its course, she will become known as a crackpot or constant complainer to the authorities and they will quit responding to her complaints.

Currently, you are letting her 'get to you', just as she wants to. You need to try to calm down and try to dismiss her tactics as what they are. Do not lower yourself to her level and go about your life, believe it or not, this problem will go away by itself.

I suggest that you contact the local police or sheriff and the local prosecutor and let them know of your problems with this person.

I am sorry that I cannot offer any better specific legal advice.... but it appears that this person is within there rights to lodge civil complaints.

N

notluckyinlove

I understand what you are saying, but weren't laws made to protect the innocent. This sitiation has kept me up at night and I am tortured by it. They live across the steet which makes it even harder to ignore and move forward. I would like to see justice prevail it would protect my civil rights. This fruit cake has done enough damage to my life and I am financially devestated now as a result of this. Its only fair that they pay the attorney fees. There are laws, im sure to protect those falsly accused. Aren't there? Are you an attorney? 5,000 is only part of it. My time off work, my reputation, the stress, loss of income equals alot more than the attorney fees. There must be a law to protect those falsly accused. And i'd like to pursue this for my own piece of mind, so I can move forward.

kathleen

JETX

First, I am NOT an attorney in Oregon.

I have already offered my advice to you... (in fact, after replying to your message, I read the other TWO messages that you posted on this forum and have a little more insight into what caused your 'aggravation').

Though I certainly do not condemn your lifestyle... I must ask "aren't you being a little hypocritical of this other person"??? After all, YOU are the one who decided to sleep with her husband (and the fact that you try to justify it to yourself by blaming her - "she is a fruitcake", etc - for your actions is particularly telling)!!

I personally feel that any claims you have of being harassed, etc. would fall on deaf ears. Particularly since you brought on some (all?) of this yourself. Don't misunderstand, if she is truly filing false reports in an attempt to harass you, then she is wrong, but you cannot hold yourself completely blameless!!!

Now back to the issue at hand....
You need to do as I suggested earlier... contact the local authorities and let them know what she is doing. You might even contact a local attorney and ask that he/she write them a 'cease and desist' letter. You have made your bed (so to speak) and you need to accept the fact that you have to sleep in it! YOU are responsible for YOUR actions and you need to learn to accept the consequences.

As I see it your options are any or all the following:
1) Contact the local authorities and let them know of the 'harassment'.
2) Have a local attorney write them a 'cease and desist' leter.
3) Ignore them.
4) Sell and move.
5) Hope that they sell and move.
6) Write off the claimed $5000 in legal expenses as a damn expensive 'good time'.
7) Invite the neighbor over to smoke a 'peacepipe' of some of that Oregon 'good stuff'. Maybe she'll forget about HER problems.
8) Maybe you can talk them into starting up one of those Oregon 'communes'.
(Damn, I am beginning to feel like Letterman!).

I know that this is a serious problem to you at this time and I do not mean to make light of it, but you did bring on some of this yourself, and, considering your actions, it is not a totally unexpected response on her part.

Best of luck to you..

N

notluckyinlove

Skeevies

Well thanks for your insight Mr. "non-attorney" Steve. WEll, then I guess your right I made my bed at it cost me my satin sheets. $1350 a pop as we slept together all of 4 times and two didnt even count. Guess sex is more expensive here in Oregon. I'm considering your suggestion of having a neighborhood peace offering with my underwear as the flag. In fact, I still have the "victoria Secrets" that I lost in his haystack and that was returned back to me after a month (he kept them in in his pants pocket in his dresser drawer "appropriately so"- he would say). Do you suggest flying these at half mast??

Perhaps we can all hang our Skeevies out so we can cleanse our souls for all of the wrongs we've all done in our lives. I'm not seeking judgement. I know what I did was wrong, and rubbing it in doesnt change things. What does matter is that there were 2 consentious adults who chose to have an intimate relationship and this is the outcome of it. I would never compromise myself in the future, and never meant for this to happen. But, I'm not perfect. I doubt any of us are. So hold the almightys everyone!!! What makes this whole thing even harder to absorb is the fact that my lover is a very devout christian.

Kathleen

HomeGuru

To: notlucky, in your previous post you state "your reputation". My response is that your reputation is not one that I am sure you would want to protect. Christian or not, the guy apparently has not been following the Good Book. You have a real vendetta and truly hate his wife.

[Edited by m martin on 01-22-2001 at 03:04 PM]

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My further response:

To Homey and Steve:

I guess she was absent from school that day when "The Scarlet Letter" was assigned for reading.

IAAL
HomeGuru response: nah her reading group was assigned "Gone With The Wind."
Oh Miss Scarlet, I think yous got some email from Rhett Butler.

N

notluckyinlove

To LIABLE

HER Underwear must be HUGE. If they even make her size. She's a whale. She's also a nasty person which makes her ugly. She's the neighborhood busybody and calls code enforcement on everyone (aka. measures the distance of their trailors to the street to see if it fits code). Her husband is well to do and so this woman has nothing else to do but make other people miserable and order out of the Spiegel (LARGE edition) mail order catalog.

Seems like you guys are having way too much fun with this. Any serious replys? Can I get retrobution for my legal fees for her FALSE police complaints? She also pushed my 9 year old daughter and another time caused her to fall while my daughter was walking to the school bus. I understand that she feels betrayed, but she is going to far when she involves my child or any other child in an adult issue. She has also involved her own children and attempted to USE them as a tool to get a stalking order on me by telling the judge that they were "terrified of me".She did lie this under oath. This is untrue and the day before she found out, her daughter had a sleep over at my house. When I supeonea'd her children, this is when she dismissed the charges citing health reasons (uh huh) after I spent thousands of dollars defending myself. She knew the children wouldn't lie. It took 2 to tango, so I feel that it is only fair that her husband pay for at least 1/2 of the attorney fees.
Kathleen

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: To LIABLE

notluckyinlove said:
Seems like you guys are having way too much fun with this.
My response:

Look, Kathleen - - let me spell it out for you.

We are, in fact, having fun with your post because we don't want to offer you any help. In fact, there is no help for you at all. You keep coming back here and get nothing, and for what ?

We believe you're just as much at fault for your current situation as she is, and we have no interest in what's happening to you because, quite frankly, you have deserved every ounce of it. You have, what is known in the law as, "unclean hands." She is a scorned woman, and you are reeling from her wrath.

You say that you live across the street from her. With what you did, that's like crapping in your own swimming pool. Someone already mentioned that you should move. Take that advice.

If you think, in your wildest dreams, that you can prevail against her, then stop coming here, and get a consultation with an attorney who might be stupid enough to take on your cause.

Good-bye Kathleen.

IAAL

N

notluckyinlove

TO YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT ADVICE

Thanks Alot. This site was intended to help people and you all did nothing but try to embarass me. I am not moving as I OWN MY PROPERTY AS MUCH AS THEY DO AND LIVED HERE THE SAME LENGTH OF TIME. This is not an option. They can move since they are the one's destroying my life.

I have decided after careful consideration that I cannot live with this horrible situation and I will always be considered te "tramp", so I will abort the twins. I have an appointment and I thank you all for enlighting me. Especially you "IM ALWAYS LIABLE". You all should not respond unless you have a true interest in helping that person. If you can't be helpful then you just just all SHUT UP. This was a hard thing for me to do and I sought advice here on the internet for I had no where else to turn.
So, goodbye all.

Kathleen

LegalBeagle

Re: TO YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT ADVICE

notluckyinlove said:
I am not moving as I OWN MY PROPERTY AS MUCH AS THEY DO AND LIVED HERE THE SAME LENGTH OF TIME. This is not an option. They can move since they are the one's destroying my life.
Kathleen: They are the ones making your life hell so they are unlikely to move.

If you think things are bad now, just wait till they see you are pregnant. Personally, I do not think you are in a fit mental state to make a decision on aborting the twins. You are full of bittername and hate and the really sad thing is, you can not see your own fault in all of this. Whether the other woman is a bitch or not, she is doing what most women can only dream about, she is hurting you for screwing her man.

Every day that you live there... for maybe the next 10 or 20 years, she is going to make your life hell. Get used to it, or move.

[Edited by LegalBeagle on 01-04-2001 at 08:18 AM]

N

notluckyinlove

I operate a horse rescue for abused horses. I am not able to move for the following reasons:
1) as I have people who are volunteering money and time for the facility and I cannot walk away from that as it could create law suits from them
2) BLM horses are required to stay here for a year until ownership is final
3) This is my home
4) My daughter is establised in school
5) This is my dream property
6) I have a water problem (low water) and thee property would never sell until a new well is dug, so this needs to be addressed
7) My remodeling is not done yet so I cannot rent out the house nor sell it.
8) I can't afford to move and do all of the above.

I'm not doing anything to her and it's been 5 months so far that she's been out to get me. This seems like an obsessed woman and it is she who needs to move to a "psych Ward". Her husband has chosen to stay with her and therefore she should be thankful for that. Her husband is not helping the situation by continuing to lie to her about out affair.

He tells her that I CREATED out Emails to MYSELF. Lots of lies to her from him and so she IS convinced that I was stalking him, I guess.

Kathleen

N

notluckyinlove

Re: Re: TO YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT ADVICE

LegalBeagle said:
notluckyinlove said:
I am not moving
You are full of bittername and hate and the really sad thing is, you can not see your own fault in all of this. Whether the other woman is a bitch or not, she is doing what most women can only dream about, she is hurting you for screwing her man.
[Edited by LegalBeagle on 01-04-2001 at 08:18 AM]
look. YES, I've already said what I did was wrong. And under normal circumstances I'd feel guilty. But I knew this woman and believed her husband. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY ABOUT IT. Yes I hate the woman for what she is doing to me and for what she did to me while we were supposed to be "friends", but this is not the reason I had the affair with her husband. We started off the affair as friends (1 year ago) and it esculated from there. My "affair", by the way was 1 month long. I felt bad for him to be with such a nasty woman like her, and yes it did make the one month affair easier because I didn't like her anyhow. It wasnt like a normal affair. We were friends and talked mostly or emailed to each other. We only had sex about 3 times. Not that this matters, but it's not as though we had a long decietful affiar.

You should understand that this woman called the cops on me about a month prior to my affair starting and I was drug out of my home in handcuffs for she lied and told the cops I was suicidal which was not true. An old lover had contacted me out of the blue and was attempting to extort money out of me and put a lien on my home, and while I was upset I was not suicidal. She pretended like a friend and behind my back did anything to screw me. THIS IS AS A FRIEND. So, yes it only makes sense that she can be more evil as an enemy.

She also called the BLM on me about my horse for he got out, she called Code compliance on me on my cabin shich she claims isnt legal, she forced me into gelding my mustang, and threatened to kill my goats when they got out. FRIENDS DON'T DO THIS TO OTHERS. SO NO I DIDNT CARE THAT I SCREWED HER HUSBAND!!! OK!!! She did all of these things to me BEFORE my affair with her husband. She was a back stabbing bitch and he deserved better. He even drugged her so that he could get out of the house by putting valium in her drinks. He wanted to get away from the nasty thing too. His religion kept him from seeking a divorce and also he would loose the foster kids if he divorced her.

I want to point out that she is supposed to be a christian. She puts all christians to SHAME. Affiar or no affair, this is not the way a christian is supposed to act
Kathleen
[E]

N

notluckyinlove

THEY won't stop

Isnt there anything I can do to get them to stop? They park outside of my home and try to look in the windows. Twice this week already. The last incident was an hour ago. This is terriorizing my daughter. AFFIAR OR NO AFFAIR. No one deserves this. She's short a few screws.

ALSO SHE TRACKED DOWN MY EX-HUSBAND IN IOWA (OVER 2000 MILES AWAY) and told him I was abusing my daughter as another vindictive move. She tried to get him to take custody of my daughter. My daughters father's life has been affected now and the grandparents involved. So, what some of you are saying is that this is a NORMAL reaction of a scorned woman?? Right? And Leagel Beagle you say that "Most women dream of doing these types of things"???? I don't think so. My husband cheated on me and I had more class, I left him. We all handle things in different ways, but she's off centered and now poses a threat and I don't know what she is capable of doing. She tried to hurt my daughter, is this what most scorned women "dream of doing" to a child????

No wonder why her husband was miserable in his marriage. And no wonder he was scared to get a divorce.Do we have and sensible answers out there? Is this even a small claims case? If I go civially I cant afford an attorney, there must be something I can do.

Kathleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">