• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Writing a Contract (PLEASE)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommarican

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My SIL and her husband have decided to go into business and build a house for sale. They are currently financing the home loan to have this gargantuan house built and want me to help write some kind of contract for the contractor to sign. I only work for attorneys and am not one by FAR! Are there any free forms out there that i may use to help write a binding contract between my SIL and the contractors? Thanks!!!:eek:

HappyHusband

mommarican said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My SIL and her husband have decided to go into business and build a house for sale. They are currently financing the home loan to have this gargantuan house built and want me to help write some kind of contract for the contractor to sign. I only work for attorneys and am not one by FAR! Are there any free forms out there that i may use to help write a binding contract between my SIL and the contractors? Thanks!!!:eek:
They aren't free.
http://www.aia.org/docs_default

Or you can look at the very top of this page and you will see "Legal Forms". Look under Real Estate, Home Construction.
Those aren't free either.

mommarican

Thanks for the info. That kind of stinks that we have to pay for this, but I guess it will be better in the long run. Thanks. :rolleyes:

mommarican

LOL, I wish!!! Except I work for a International Customs and Trade Law Firm, so that's not much help in this area!! :p

HappyHusband

mommarican said:
LOL, I wish!!! Except I work for a International Customs and Trade Law Firm, so that's not much help in this area!! :p
Well, you could get the forms, get everything together and have them review it.
It sounds like they would deal with contracts regularly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">