• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Running Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daveh55

What is the name of your state? NC

Let me start this off by saying that I'm not looking to get out of my ticket-which I deserve- in any way; I'm merely looking for a way to minimize the impact on my insurance.

I'm a 17 year old driver, been driving for 2 years, accident and ticket free. I ran a red light two days ago, and was pulled for that. I don't know that it will make my insurance skyrocket, but I have a good idea that it will. I'll be contacting a traffic lawyer monday to get his opinion.

What are my options? I know people have gotten out of 40+ speeding tickets, but I'm not really trying to get out of mine, just figure out a way so I get charged for something that doesn't make my insurance rates skyrocket. Any ideas or people that have been in similiar situations?

acmb05

daveh55 said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Let me start this off by saying that I'm not looking to get out of my ticket-which I deserve- in any way; I'm merely looking for a way to minimize the impact on my insurance.

I'm a 17 year old driver, been driving for 2 years, accident and ticket free. I ran a red light two days ago, and was pulled for that. I don't know that it will make my insurance skyrocket, but I have a good idea that it will. I'll be contacting a traffic lawyer monday to get his opinion.

What are my options? I know people have gotten out of 40+ speeding tickets, but I'm not really trying to get out of mine, just figure out a way so I get charged for something that doesn't make my insurance rates skyrocket. Any ideas or people that have been in similiar situations?
Ask about defensive driving class if it is offered there. If it is and the judge accepts it you take the defensive driving course and the ticket is wiped off your record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">