• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless driving in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ls7

What is the name of your state? PA

Here is my problem. I completely unintentionally squealed my tires coming out of a rather tight turn. It was a small squeal, I bet most people on the street wouldnt even be able to hear it. I am driving a Corvette ZO6 so thats why they seem to pick on me. I was polite as can be and they still raped me like a redheaded stepchild. Greedy people...

Anyway, I want to know what I can do as a defense. I am hiring a lawyer, there is NO way im taking 3 points up the tailpipe for something so silly. I could have roasted the tires for this -person- had I wanted to. I wouldnt even need to floor it to do so either.

Thanks.

What is your defense? Are you saying you didn't 'chirp' the tires?

Pennsylvania Code § 3714. Careless driving.
Any person who drives a vehicle in careless disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of careless driving, a summary offense. (May 30, 1990, P.L.173, No.42, eff. Nov. 1, 1990)
I suppose you could argue that a 'little' chirp did not cause you to operate the vehicle with, "careless disregard for the safety of persons or property."

KTL :D

cepe10

sounds like a jealous and vindicitve LEO on traffic duty. surprise. surprise.

with a lawyer i wouldn't think you'll have any problems on this one. (but don't discount the laziness of legal professionals on cases like this) i think i can safely assume the leo is not going to be able to prove beyond any reasonable doubt a disregard of safety of public or property - if so have your lawyer ask him what specific "property" was endangered by a small chirping of the tires.

In fact you can honestly say you added rubberized binder to the replenish the pavement surface:) - I'm assuming it was hot mix asphalt of course.

ls7

No doubt the officer was jealous. It's brand new, bright red and 6 speed. I hired a lawyer already, same one I used for a 5 point ticket that I got reduced to 0 points and a $250 fine plus court costs 3 years ago. I paid him something to the tune of $700. What gets me is the cop really had a rude kind of attitude. Asked me a lot of personal questions too like if I think I am special that I can do that and such. Not called for imho. He threw my license back at me too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">