• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retaliation???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wadecc

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

About 2 months ago I arreared as a witness at an unemployment hearing on behalf or a coworker that was fired. Together we pretty much made the company I work for look like fools. While in the hearing I stated something that was said to me when my supervisor handed me the supeana. He said " you are doing very well here and I would hate to see something happen to you because you got caught in the middle of this". Since the hearing my job has changed, i have been harrassed by a supervisor, and have been labeled a trouble make and stealer of company documents. My access to the system at work has been inhibited by IT's changing passwords on several pc's located in key areas that have access to certain shared drives within the company. I have not been notified of these new passwords. Also, the position i am in now, i feel, is a demotion. I was told by my boss that i would be training to be a back up for someone when they where out, I have been in this department for almost 2 months and still have not learned the new job. I am this persons runner or gopher. They tell me to do something and I go do it. If u consider it as job levels, i was at a 10, now i am at a 2 if that. What can I do? What do I have to prove? Please help!!What is the name of your state?

Beth3

You can contact your State's Department of Labor/UC Division and tell them you believe you are being retaliated against for appearing at a UC hearing after being subpoenaed by a claimant. If your State laws prohibit that, as I expect they do, you may file a complaint and the State will investigate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">