• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OVERTIME ,UI,and Police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RussellJDS

I worked from May 2000 - Nov.2000 @ $8.00 an hour for a total of 1,053 hours minus 33.5 + 74 hours=107.5 hour (the only two pay periods I worked under the overtime pay period {OT here is anything over 40 hours weekly 80 bi-weekly})bringing the total hours where OT was encountered to 945.5 hours. Having been on SSI & SSA and unemployable for nearly ten years, I started working at MainStreet Market Antiques (308 N. Main, Ellensburg WA 98926)in May 2000. I was unaware of OT laws so I never inquired to it with employers. 155 hours of OT accumulated over that time. I asked my employers about paying me OT and why did they not tell me I was supposed to get it. Employers saw records of payroll daily, weekly and every pay period, as well as, every cancelled check and pay stubs. They refused to pay me and I checked with UI if I could quit and recieve UI, they said yes, so I did. Employers now sayng I was not full time employee as manager and that I was paying myself for hours not worked. L&I says they cant help because of what employers and Police(?)said. I have copies of employers ledger and pay stubs from the entire time of my employment and other employees to vouch for me. Also businesses next door to us. All the vendors will vouch for this as well. UI has denied me from what employers have said to them and I am appealing desicion and supplied them with all info I have. I am at the breaking point and rarely leave my apt. from the despair of all this now that I have exhausted my savings and bills pile up, looking at eviction soon.

Why did they not say anything about the alleged act of paying myself for hours I did not work before I filed for unemployment?? They called me every day at 5:30pm and more.
ALSO by not contesting my cash paychecks (a contract agreement)doesn't that mean they agrred to the terms anyway?

H E L P ?!?!?!

[Edited by RussellJDS on 12-30-2000 at 04:08 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">