• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cultivating Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimjay

What is the name of your state? TX

I have cultivated marijuana in a house that I do not live in, bu ti am no the lease (no one lives there). I was running past this house and noticed that unmarked cops were taking out the plants. So I am at a friend’s house trying to figure out what I need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

enchantingwoods

If the lease is in your name, you are probably going to be charged with cultivation. And a warrant will probably be issued for your arrest.

here are the repurcusions for marijuana possession in TX.
2 oz or less* misdemeanor 180 days $2,000
2 to 4 oz* misdemeanor 1 year $4,000
4 oz to 1 lb* state jail felony 180 days - 2 years $10,000
1 to 5 lbs state jail felony 180 days - 2 years $10,000
5 to 50 lbs felony 2 - 10 years $10,000
50 to 2,000 lbs felony 2 - 20 years $10,000
More than 2,000 lbs felony 5 - 99 years $50,000

* With no prior felony convictions, if convicted of possession of less than one pound of marijuana a judge must impose a sentence of probation with mandatory drug treatment. If no treatment center exists within the jurisdiction, the judge may waive the treatment requirement. They judge can also waive all fines.

So if you have no prior felonies, and you were caught and charged with less then a pound, you might be able to get away with just probation and rehab.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">