• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brando7164

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hey,

Im a 17 year old high school student who recently received a letter from the department of driver services stating that my license was to be suspended. Im an excellent student and have a job. Is there any chance of me getting a limited license even if this means i have to appeal the decision? WHat if i hire a lawyer?

Thanks,
Brandon

P.S. I know I have to suffer the consequences for my mistakes...but **** happens. Oh and by the way the suspension is for a speeding ticket and failure to yield entering intersection.

lwpat

Check with the DMV, only they can tell you if you qualify for a hardship license. You made a mistake in not properly fighting your tickets.

Brando7164

lwpat said:
Check with the DMV, only they can tell you if you qualify for a hardship license. You made a mistake in not properly fighting your tickets.
Yeah i know, unfortunately none of my family members cared to tell me that I should have done that...is there any way I can "undo" that or is talking to the dmv my best option right now?

Thanks.

Start with the DMV to see what is possible.

If not, a lawyer is the next best stop but will alsolikely be quite expensive. Talk to at least 2-3.

lwpat

There is a possibility to reopen your case but you will need an attorney. The court is supposed to notify you anytime paying the ticket will result in a suspension. The problem is that you then still have to fight the tickets. You will need at least 1000.00 for the attorney.

It was your responsibility to find out the consequences. You are old enough so don't blame your failures on someone else.

Brando7164

lwpat said:
It was your responsibility to find out the consequences. You are old enough so don't blame your failures on someone else.
WOAH WOAH WOAH...i wasnt blaming what happened on anyone else...i was just stating that it would have been helpful if my family would have told me that simply paying the fine without going to court was a bad idea...I totally accept what i did

Thanks for everyones help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">