• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question This.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WHATJUSTIC96

What is the name of your state? Colorado: I need an answer as quick as possible. Does anyone know who is allowed to be present during a jury selection? Why would a detective who is a witness, as well, be involved with the selection of jury members with the prosecution. Then after the selection is made and the "Opening Statements" are addressed this same detective makes a weak attempt at questioning the Defendant. He also made a phone call to a witness, who is due to testify on 08/30/06. Why is this detective being allowed to question/harrass/or in any other situation "intimidation of a witness" is that not what the actual term is? The Courts mishandling or "Mickey Mouse" ways is just frustrating me to no end. Just what, if any, dealings should an arresting officer and witness be allowed to be involved with?

gawm

This happened with me too. I asked my lawyer about it, he said the prosecution was allowed to have one detective who investigated the case with them during the trial. I forgot what he called it or the reasoning behind it. I thought it to be very unfair at the time also. I would not worry about it, (even though we did catch him in some lies) the detective won't be able to change the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">