• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fender bender in CT.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teddyfive

state/connecticut....

incident...

my 20 year old son, who owns a truck which is insured on my policy, was backing up in his apartment complex and bumped into a car and put a small dent in the door...

the car was parked illegally in a well marked no parking zone....

he new the owner(a girl he knows) and they did not want to invlove the police or insurance companies

feeling bad..he wanted to help her out...(but he shouldn't have to... correct?)

now the father of the girl who owns the car, is trying to extort big money $1400 out of me..

since she was parked illegally and there are witnesses.....shouldn't i take this to small claims?......and wouldn't we win?

thanks**************.TEDDYFIVE

The Occultist

Although yes, the car should not have been there, I've very curious to know how your son managed to hit a non-moving car while driving through an apartment complex. I don't know the laws regarding this subject, but if we look at it from a common sense angle: if your son was driving safely he could not have hit a non-moving vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">