• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Martia

I just need some legal advice regarding a situation in which my boyfriend was arrested and placed on house arrest in which he cut of his bracelet. He was then on the run for a year and arrested on some new charges where he spent time in a county jail until he beat his charges and then transported to a federal prison. He plead out, got sentenced just recently but he was not given credit for the time he spent in the county on a federal detainer. I would like to know how he can go about getting his three months credit from a legal standpoint.

CdwJava

He can ask his attorney.

Whether the feds have to credit him with time served in the county lockup is a matter of federal law. Since the county was apparently holding him for their own crimes, chances are it won't count. But, the only one who will know for sure will be his attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">