• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket from neighboring State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SteveNofCA

What is the name of your state?
California

I got a bogus ticket from a Reno, Nevada cop. He stated I was going 30 miles in a 15 miles zone which was impossible since I just pulled out of a gas station after asking for directions. What is the law about appealing or paying this bogus fine? The court date is set for a month away and they well know that it will cost me alot of time and money to drive back to Reno from San Francisco California to try and appeal this. Is there something I can do here or basically pay it and just take it? Please help..
P.S. This is the only ticket I ever had since I have been driving for 24 years!!

Thanks.

cepe10

you could hire a lawyer and not have to make the trip... ~300-500 though...

you might be able to send in your own dispostion and ask for porbabtion or defferral also.

otherwise you have to go to court to defend yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">