• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becoming a Paralegal and Grant Writer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nomeansno

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Can anyone give me information about being a Paralegal in Colorado specifically. Yes I have rsearched the matter thorougly, but in order to qualify through my State program I need to come up with several different business plans. I will be focusing on Grant Writing, drafting correspondence, and using several other skills regarding web site and graphics design.

I can work, but because of numerous disabilities I just never know how I am going to function day to day making it impractical to work a traditional nine to five job so I will be doing most of my work from home. I already have several clients awaiting my services.

I am also in a rural area and two hours from the nearest college courses, so I will be completing my education from home as well. Does anyone have any experience with online programs in te paralegal field? Specific things to look for before deciding? Specific fields of study?

I think what truly appeals to me is the volunteer work I already do will also benefit from these services, I like helping people and spend much of my time working for free for various causes. I did find one course with specilizations in both Elder Law and Alternative conflict Resolution that appealed to me, but each program is so different.

So feel free to tell me about your experiences, what I need to know, what to avoid... whatever... I'm just looking for as much information as possible before we begin the process.

Dandy Don

Call or send e-mails to local attorneys in your city and county and refer this question to them. Do a GOOGLE search to see if there are any state or national associations especially for paralegals. Congratulations to you for becoming multi-skilled and using your abilities and learning skills in many areas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">