• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in Buffalo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedy1981

What is the name of your state? Canada

HI ! I received a speeding ticket in Buffalo a month ago. I was told that it was worth 6 points. Now I am hearing about how this will affect my Canadaina drivers liscence? I am wondering if this is for sure, and how exacly this happens. Also if it does, do you know how many demerit points of is equivalent to that? I was going 77 in a 55.
thanks for your help

The Occultist

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

The reasoning behind this is all the lawyers that are here studied law in the United States, and within that, specific to a certain state. Chances are, nobody here studied Canadian law, so any information they supply you with would come from a Google search, so why don't you just go try that.

Speedy -- This may help you. . .

While this is a US LAW ONLY forum this is what I found on the Ontario Ministry of Transportation website:
Demerit Points for Out-of-Province Convictions
[Ontario] Drivers convicted of a driving related offence in the State of New York, the State of Michigan or any Canadian province or territory, will have home jurisdictional penalties such as demerit points and/or suspensions applied to their Ontario driver record as if the offence occurred in Ontario.

KTL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">